Which Type of Estate Sale Services Will be Best for me?
|Features||Traditional Estate Sales||Online Estate Sales||Combination Estate Sales||Outright Sales|
|CommissionMyCommission can often be a greatly reduced percentage or graduated commission for online estate sales for higher quality merchandise, as low as 5%.||----|
|HOA or Limited Access|
|Minimum Quantity & Value|
Estate Sale Services FAQ
On-site | Off-Site | Online
- What is the cost of an estate sale?
An Estate Sale is an on-site sale (at your residence or place of business) in which we price, stage, advertise and sell in a retail format, with progressive discounts over a period of two to three days.
An Online Estate Sale is an on-site sale (at your residence or place of business) in which we prepare a fully illustrated online catalog with bidding capabilities. Our house-built sophisticated online estate sale platform offers clients a dynamic approach to selling personal property with worldwide exposure. Partial contents, entire estates or collections welcome.
An Auction Consignment is the sale of select property at public auction based on a commission rate per item sold. The items, referred to as lots, are offered at our gallery and live online.
One is not better than the other. Choosing an estate sale, an online estate sale or an auction consignment depends on a) the quality of the items, b) how large the estate is, c) whether or not there are HOA restrictions, d) if your collection will benefit from online exposure and e). your time-frame. We love the enthusiasm and energy of estate sales, and they can be more affordable than an auction consignment because the cost of handling and moving property out of a home can be high, reducing the overall profits of the sale.
- How do you advertise an estate sale?
- Online Listings: EstateSales.net, EstateSales.org, and EstateSales.com.
- Social Media: Dedicated posts on Facebook and Twitter
- Our Website
- Print: Local newspapers, plus promotional material at the renowned Scott Antique Market Atlanta
- Customized Directional Signage: with address and information about your sale
- Email Blast: to over 10,000 potential buyers
- How do you keep records of the sale?
Sellers will receive a copy of every electronic sales receipt, which itemizes each item sold. We also provide you with a daily sales total.
- Are checks written to me or to Peachtree & Bennett? What happens if a check is returned NSF?
Checks will be payable to Peachtree & Bennett, and we will assume responsibility for all collection. In the event of a returned check, we will honor the check to the seller and pursue collection with the buyer.
A full settlement statement, copies of the sale receipts, and payment can be expected within six business days after the sale.
- When should I expect to receive the proceeds of the sale?
- How do you prevent damage to the house during an estate sale?
Professional movers will be on site to handle, move and help load purchases. Customers are never allow to move items in the home.
- I have a tight time frame: how quickly can you prepare for an estate sale?
Ideally, we would take two to three weeks to prepare for a sale. However, we are happy to accommodate your schedule and needs.
- How should I prepare for an estate sale?
We want to make the sale process as simple as possible for you, so we will do the preparation work for the sale. Your only task is to list, tag or designate items not to be sold.
- How are the items staged?
We arrange and present your goods in the most appealing, safe and secure manner possible. We will provide locked display cases, folding tables, and necessary equipment to properly showcase your items.
- Why should I trust you?
We are an established brick-and-mortar business, with a permanent facility, trucking services, and staff. We have served the industry for over 40 years and have excellent references.